Celebrity stylist and taste maker Ian Connor has been #accused of rape by Malika Anderson a Emory College student on Friday March 8, 2016.
Ian Connor, 23, isn’t a household name. However, his face, look and overall aesthetic has influenced some of pop culture’s biggest names. He is a popular stylist to the hip-hop stars, first working closely with Wiz Khalifa before transitioning over to Kanye West to help work on his Yeezy Season 2 fashion line. He’s also an affiliate of A$AP Rocky’s A$AP Mob and signed to A$AP’s art direction team AWGE. Connor’s trademark dyed dreadlocks, rebellious attitude and cutting edge style has permeated the fashion runways and music videos alike. His heavy online presence has garnered him a cult following from hipsters all over the country.
However, on Friday, in a blog post titled “Ian Connor Is a Rapist, and I Know Firsthand,” Malika Anderson, a senior at Emory University, accused Connor of rape. “I pursued charges against Ian Connor for raping me,” she wrote. “Yes, that’s right folks, Ian Connor–the fashion n**** people love to stan for–is a rapist. My detective never said I couldn’t talk about my case, but I decided not to because I wanted to get everything taken care of before I spoke about it publicly. I am speaking now because my case is basically closed. And I am finally ready to share my entire story. I want the world to know who they are praising… I know the truth. And I know that I did not want to have sex with Ian Connor. He raped me.”
Anderson claims that Connor raped her on October 5, 2014. In a graphic and disturbing blog post Anderson details how Connor forcefully penetrated her after she refuted his advances several times. Anderson further claims in the post that she got tested for STDs the next day and would later learn she’d contracted gonorrhea. She also alleged that Connor had created a dummy account on Twitter to harass and intimidate her via DM.
“His harassing messages prompted me to file a police report,” she wrote, claiming to have filed one in December 2015. And Anderson further alleges that several other women who’d been “assaulted” by Connor gave statements to detectives involved in her case. “Since then I’ve given statements, sent in evidence, and gotten other women that he assaulted to speak to my detective,” wrote Anderson.
Anderson then goes on to mention that the detective has closed the case and has chosen not to pursue any charges at this time. She writes:
“Unfortunately, my statement, a few screenshots, and some information from my doctor and from my school, won’t be regarded as substantial evidence in a #court of law,” she continued. “Because of this, my detective told me yesterday that the case is likely to be closed for the time being. It can be reopened if more evidence is found or if any other women decide to come forward, but for right now, there isn’t much else that can be done. So basically these past few months have somewhat been a waste of my time bc even though I was raped, nothing will likely happen to the person who raped me aka Ian Connor. #America”
Ian Connor has taken to his own Twitter account to deny the accusations in thinly veiled tweets without addressing the alleged victim directly.